UFC 106 has added another fight to its already impressive card. Former “Ultimate Fighter” contestants George Sotiropoulos (10-2) and Jason Dent (19-9) have agreed to fight each other on the night’s preliminary card. According to sources close to the event, both fighters have signed the fight agreement.
Dent has won six of his last seven fights, with his most recent victory coming against Cameron Dollar at “The Ultimate Fighter 9 Finale”. Dent was taking a beating in the stand up game against Dollar, but was able to lock in an anaconda choke with just seconds left in the first round to force the tap out.
Sotiropoulos last competed at UFC 101 where he defeated George Roop in the second round via a kimura. The win marked his seventh win in eight fights. Sotiropoulos lone loss during that time comes at the hands of Shinya Aoki.
UFC 106 tickets are available to purchase now. The event will take place on November 21 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada.
With the addition of Dent vs. Sotiropoulos, the card now includes:
- Champ Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin (for UFC heavyweight title)
- Mark Coleman vs. Tito Ortiz
- Luiz Cane vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira*
- Ricardo Almeida vs. Jon Fitch*
- Dustin Hazelett vs. Karo Parisyan*
- Marcus Davis vs. Ben Saunders*
- Phil Baroni vs. Amir Sadollah*
- Jason Dent vs. George Sotiropoulos*
* – Not officially announced