“M-1 Global: Breakthrough” took place Friday August 28 at the Memorial Hall in Kansas City, Missouri. A total of twelve fights were shown and aired on HDNet. An exhibition match between Gegard Mousasi and Fedor Emelianenko set the stage for the main event of Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal versus UFC veteran Mark Kerr.
Lawal needed only 25 seconds to finish Kerr off. After a quick tie up, Lawal threw Kerr to the mat, which resulted in Kerr injuring his shoulder. Several quick shots later by Lawal and Kerr was knocked out. The final blow sent Kerr’s mouthpiece across the ring.
Gegard Mousasi put on one of the best showings against Fedor Emelianenko. The back and forth exhibition Sambo match saw Mousasi take Emelianenko down twice and attempt an arm bar. However Emelianenko was able to use his Sambo throws to throw Mousasi and lock in an arm bar forcing Mousasi to tap.
Full results below:
• Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal def. Mark Kerr via KO (strikes) – Round 1, 0:25
• Fedor Emelianenko taps Gegard Mousasi via submission (armbar) in exhibition sparring match
• Karl Amoussou def. John Doyle via submission (rear naked choke) – Round 1, 3:15
• Lucio Linhares def. Mikhail Zayats via submission (rear naked choke) – Round 1, 1:00
• Jessie Gibbs def. Rob Broughton via unanimous decision
• Michael Kitta def. Lloyd “Kadillac” Marshbanks via submission (strikes) – Round 1, 1:50
• Daisuke Nakamura def. Ferrid Kheder via unanimous decision
• Rogent Lloret vs. Alexey Oleinik declared unanimous draw
• Eric Marriott def. Tim Bazer via unanimous decision
• Sean Wilson def. Josh Arocho via KO (strikes) – Round 1, 3:05
• Rudy Bears def. Brendan Seguin via TKO (strikes) – Round 2, 1:01
• Molly Ahlers-Estes def. Andrea Caplan via referee stoppage – Round 1, 3:00