May 8, 2012 edition of RecapRadio. Hosted by Brent Todd and John Petit the topics included a breakdown of the four fights from UFC on Fox: Nate Diaz vs Jim Miller, Johnny Hendricks vs Josh Koscheck, Alan Belcher vs Rousimar Palhares, and Lavar Johnson vs Pat Barry. Other topics included Dominick Cruz’s torn ACL, replacement for him at UFC 148, should Urijah Faber’s fight be for an interim title, Siyar Bahadurzada replacing Akiyama at UFC 149, Michael Chandler retiring Gono, BJ Penn declined to fight for Strikeforce and more.
Posts Tagged ‘Johnny Hendricks’
“UFC 101″ took place on Saturday August 8 from the Wachovia Center in Philadelphia, PA. Dana White announced at the post-fight press conference that 17,411 fans attended for a record $3.55 million live gate.
In the night’s main event, BJ Penn solidified his stance as the lightweight champion by submitting Kenny Florian at 3:54 in the fourth round. Florian looked to implement a similar game plan as Penn’s previous adversary, Georges St. Pierre, however he wasn’t as successful.
The co-main event featured middleweight champion Anderson Silva fighting in the light heavyweight division for a second time. Forrest Griffin had no answers for Silva’s crisp and accurate strikes and was knocked out at 3:23 in the first round.
The full results of “UFC 101: Declaration” below:
• B.J. Penn def. Kenny Florian via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 4, 3:54 (to defend lightweight title)
• Anderson Silva def. Forrest Griffin via knockout (punch) – Round 1, 3:23
• Aaron Riley def. Shane Nelson via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
• Johnny Hendricks def. Amir Sadollah via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 0:29
• Ricardo Almeida def. Kendall Grove via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 20-27)
• Kurt Pellegrino def. Josh Neer via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
PRELIMINARY CARD RESULTS
• John Howard def. Tamdan McCrory via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
• Alessio Sakara def. Thales Leites via split decision (29-28, 27-30, 29-28)
• Matthew Riddle def. Dan Cramer via unanimous decision (29-27, 30-26, 30-27)
• George Sotiropoulos def. George Roop via submission (kimura) – Round 2, 1:59
• Jesse Lennox def. Danillo Villefort via TKO (cut) – Round 3, 3:37