Since his time on season twelve of “The Ultimate Fighter”, Andy Main has toured around the local circuit trying to build up his name to earn a shot in a big promotion. He will be competing in one of the three main events at Hoosier FIght Club 8, and then three weeks later he makes his Bellator debut against Kenny Foster.
After filming had ended on the twelfth season, Main took a fight at Hoosier Fight Club 6 against Bobby Reardanz. The fight was an exciting back and forth fight where Main ultimately won via arm bar. Main then took on Felipe Arantes at UCC 4 Supremacy but the bout was ruled a no contest after main was on the receiving end of an illegal knee in the first round. Main will take on Adam Ward on August 20 at HFC 8 before heading back east to fight Kenny Foster.
Foster earned a spot in Bellator’s season 4 featherweight tournament by defeating Lester Caslow at Bellator 33. Foster defeated Eric Larkin in the opening round of the tournament with a beautiful guillotine choke. He then lost in the semi-finals to Daniel Straus and looks to earn his third victory for Bellator in four fights.
The full Bellator 49 card includes:
- Dan Hornbuckle vs. Luis Santos (welterweight-tourney opening round)
- Ben Saunders vs. Rick Hawn (welterweight-tourney opening round)
- Brent Weedman vs. Chris Lozano (welterweight-tourney opening round)
- Douglas Lima vs. Steve Carl (welterweight-tourney opening round)
- Alexandre “Popo” Bezerra vs. Scott Heckman
- Kenny Foster vs. Andy Main
- Giedrius Karavackas vs. LeVon Maynard
- Azunna Anyanwu vs. J.A. Dudley
- Joel Roberts vs. Brylan Van Artsdalen