MMAJunkie was informed that Thiago Tavares (14-3) has suffered a knee injury while training for his upcoming fight with Jim Miller (14-2) at “UFC 103: Franklin vs. Belfort”. The scope of the injury has not been revealed, but it more than likely will require surgery.
Thiago Tavares last competed at at “UFC 94: St. Pierre vs. Penn 2″ where he was able to earn a decision victory over Manny Gamburyan. The victory snapped a two-fight losing streak, as he was just 3-3 leading up to the fight with Gamburyan.
Jim Miller meanwhile is 3-1 in his last four with wins over Matt Wiman and Mac Danzig.
At this time it is unknown if a replacement will be found to take on Miller or if the UFC will just cut the thirteen-fight card down to twelve.
UFC 103 now looks like:
* Vitor Belfort vs. Rich Franklin
* Junior Dos Santos vs. Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic
* Martin Kampmann vs. Mike Swick
* Josh Koscheck vs. Frank Trigg
* Hermes Franca vs. Tyson Griffin
* Efrain Escudero vs. Cole Miller
* Jim Miller vs. TBA
* Dan Lauzon vs. Rafaello Oliveira
* Paul Daley vs. Brian Foster
* Tomasz Drwal vs. Drew McFedries
* Jason Brilz vs. Eliot Marshall
* Vladimir Matyushenko vs. Igor Pokrajac
* Rafael dos Anjos vs. Rob Emerson
Tags: Brian Foster, Cole Miller, Dan Lauzon, Drew McFedries, Efrain Escudero, Eliot Marshall, Frank trigg, Hermes Franca, Jason Brilz, Jim Miller, Josh Koscheck, Junior Dos Santos, Martin Kampmann, Mike Swick, Mirko Cro Cop, Paul Daley, Rafael dos Anjos, Rafaello Oliveira, Rich Franklin, Rob Emerson, Thiago Tavares, Tomasz Drwal, Tyson Griffin, UFC, UFC 103, Vitor Belfort, Vladimir Matyushenko
Trackback from your site.