The weigh-ins for “Maximum Fighting Championships 22: Payoff” took place yesterday and some changes had to be made to the event. Carlo Prater failed to make weight for his lightweight title fight against Antonio McKee. The eighteen other fighters all successfully made weight.
MFC 22 takes place tonight from the River Cree Resort and Casino in Alberta Canada and will air live on HDNet. The event features the return of UFC veterans Jason “The Athlete” McDonald and Travis Lutter in a middleweight bout. The winner of the fight will more than likely get a title shot at the MFC middleweight title.
Lightweight champion Antonio McKee’s title is staying put as Carlo Prater came in three pounds over the limit. The fight will now be a three-round non-title affair.
Other notable fighters on the card include Luigi Fioravanti, Marvin Eastman and Pete Spratt.
Full weigh in results:
- Jason MacDonald (185.5) vs. Travis Lutter (185.5)
- Antonio McKee (156) vs. Carlo Prater (158)
- John Alessio (169.5) vs. Luigi Fioravanti (171)
- Mike Nickels (206) vs. David Heath (205)
- Marvin Eastman (205) vs. Ryan Jimmo (204.5)
- Pete Spratt (171) vs. Nathan Gunn (170)
- Jared Kilkenny (205) vs. Dwayne Lewis (204)
- Paapa Inkumusha (169.5) vs. Jason Heit (170)
- Joe Christopher (171) vs. Andrew Buckland (170.5)
- Jesse MacDougall (168) vs. Nick Hrynchshyn (170)
Tags: Andrew Buckland, Antonio McKee, Carlo Prater, David Heath, Dwayne Lewis, Jared Kilkenny, Jason Heit, Jason MacDonald, Jesse MacDougall, Joe Christopher, John Alessio, Luigi Fioravanti, Marvin Eastman, MFC 22, Mike Nickels, Nathan Gunn, Nick Hrynchshyn, Paapa Inkummusha, Pete Spratt, Ryan Jimmo, Travis Lutter
Trackback from your site.