Long time WEC competitor Jeff “The Big Frog” Curran (29-12-1) has signed a deal with Strikeforce and plans to fight for the organization on the preliminary card for the big November 7 event at the Sears Centre in Chicago, Illinois that will feature a heavyweight battle between Fedor Emelianenko and Brett Rogers.
No opponent has been named for the Chicago-based fighter.
Curran operates his own mixed martial arts gym, Curran Martial Arts, in Crystal Lake, Illinois. He has dropped his last four fights including loses to Mike Brown and Urijah Faber. Curran has competed in all of the major organizations such as the UFC, PRIDE, the IFL, and the WEC throughout his 12 year career.
“The Big Frog” is also scheduled to fight at his XFO event on December 5.
The current lineup for “Strikeforce: Emelianenko vs Rogers” is now:
• Fedor Emelianenko vs. Brett Rogers
• Jason “Mayhem” Miller vs. Jake Shields (for vacant Strikeforce middleweight title)
• Champ Gegard Mousasi vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou (non-title match)
• Antonio Silva vs. Fabricio Werdum
• Erin Toughill vs. Marloes Coenen (CBS reserve fight)*
• Jeff Curran vs. TBA*
• Shamar Bailey vs. John Kolosci*
• Deray Davis vs. Mark Miller*
• Jonatas Novaes vs. Christian Uflacker*
*not officially announced by Strikeforce officials yet
Tags: Antonio Silva, Brett Rogers, Christian Uflacker, Deray Davis, Erin Toughill, Fabricio Werdum, Fedor Emelianenko, Gegard Mousasi, Jake Shields, Jason "Mayhem" Miller, Jeff Curran, John Kolosci, Jonatas Novaes, Mark Miller, Marloes Coenen, Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou, Sears Centre Arena, Shamar Bailey, Strikeforce