MMA Recap is always looking for great people to contribute and be part of the team. If you are great at writing, marketing, social networking, graphic design, video production/editing, blogging, public relations, photography, web design/coding, etc…WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!!!
We do not offer financial compensation for submissions at this time. We do, however, offer travel expense reimbursements for assignments (Eg; gas, food, hotel). Currently, compensation is yours in the way of an opportunity for you to be published and gain an increased exposure to your material by being published on our site.
There are a quite a few “perks” that come along with the job, though. For example, you get; to enjoy the fights cage side, exclusive access for interviews, gym discounts, promotional gear and best of all get published on the largest and most popular Mixed Martial Arts website in the midwest! Let us also mention that we publish feature articles and photos in Barlife Magazine which has a circulation number of 50,000+ and is distributed around the hottest nightlife and entertainment spots in Chicago and surrounding suburbs. So this is something else we can also offer you in return for your skills.
Ultimately, we hope you’ll find that having your name and material exhibited on MMA Recap will be personally gratifying to you and will lead to other rewarding opportunities for you to market your work! We want you to get exposure and gain new readers and will help promote you and your works in any way we can.
To have your work considered, your work must follow our general guidelines:
- Title of your work, preferably one that contains the names of the main fighters in the article.
- We will not consider previously published articles.
- Proof your work thoroughly. Typographical and grammatical errors distract the reader. Such errors may disqualify your submission, and will certainly make a less than favorable impression.
- Word count is completely open. Write as much as you feel is necessary to cover the topic, and then stop. Your article will be edited, and may be trimmed or additional information may be added as necessary.
- Do not use ALL CAPS, even for titles.
- Send as word attachment or paste it into the body of your e-mail.
We accept submissions in these categories:
- Historical articles about past fights/fighters.
- Fighter Interviews
- Fight Night Previews
- Fight Reports
- Pro/Amateur events National/International
- Up-and-coming Amateur Fighters
- Future Stars
- All Amateur Tournament events from around the country.
- Fighter analysis – an article on a particular fighter, which discusses his career, fighting style and future fights.
We’re open to almost any type of writing within those categories. Specifically, we’re looking for original work with fresh ideas and strong, clean, concise writing. We want to see pieces that readers will think about after they’ve finished reading them.
If you are confident you would be a great fit, please continue by filling out the form below. Thanks and we look forward to working with you!