The UFC today announced the addition of several fights for “UFC 102: Couture vs. Nogueria”. UFC 102 takes place from the Rose Garden Arena in Portland, Oregon on Saturday August 29. New fights recently confirmed include Marcus Aurelio vs Evan Dunham, Ed Herman vs Aaron Simpson, and Gabriel Gonzaga vs Chris Tuchscherer.
UFC 102 is headlined by former heavyweight champion Randy “The Natural” Couture (16-9) taking on Antonio “Minotauro” Nogueria (31-5-1). Couture last fought at “UFC 91: Couture vs. Lesnar” losing his title to Brock Lesnar. Nogueria competed at “UFC 92: The Ultimate” where he was stopped for the first time in his career by Frank Mir.
The night’s co-main event features heavy hitters in Keith Jardine (14-6-1) taking on Thiago Silva (13-1). Silva is coming off the first loss in his career at UFC 94 where he lost to the now light heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida. Both fighters are known for their stand and bang attitude and will each be looking to knock the other out.
In a fight that has middleweight title contender status, submission expert Demian Maia will be taking on Nate Marquardt. Maia has won five straight in the UFC all by submission. Marquardt is riding a two-fight win streak where he has stopped Wilson Gouveia and Martin Kampmann with strikes.
Hometown favorites Chris Leben, Ed Herman, and Evan Dunham round out the card.
The full UFC 102 card is as follows:
* Randy Couture vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
* Keith Jardine vs. Thiago Silva
* Chris Leben vs. Jake Rosholt
* Demian Maia vs. Nate Marquardt
* Krzysztof Soszynski vs. Brandon Vera
* Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Chris Tuchscherer
* Justin McCully vs. Mike Russow
* Todd Duffee vs. Tim Hague
* Nick Catone vs. Mark Munoz
* Marcus Aurelio vs. Evan Dunham
* Ed Herman vs. Aaron Simpson